Oris is back in time to launch the Oris Divers Sixty-Five diving watch, recreating the iconic diving watch series first introduced 50 years ago. Divers rely on accurate and efficient watches to record dive times and measure decompression stations. The diving watch introduced by Oris in 1965 uses a chrome-plated brass case with plastic crystals, a two-way rotating bezel and a universal black plastic ‘tropical design’ strap. Most importantly, it has a water resistance of 10 bar / 100 m.
The Oris Divers Sixty-Five diving watch recreates the iconic diving watch series launched by Oris 50 years ago.
The new Oris Divers Sixty-Five dive watch uses a prototype retro look from the 60s, but uses 21st century watchmaking technology to make it modern. The case is made of anti-corrosion stainless steel with a diameter of 40 mm, which is more contemporary. The vintage foam curved glass is made of scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and has an anti-reflective coating inside to reduce glare and enhance legibility under water.
Like the original 1965 model, the back of the steel case of the Oris Divers Sixty-Five dive watch is engraved with the same historic Oris badge.
An important upgrade is the unidirectional rotating bezel of the new watch. It has a black aluminum inlay and has a 60-minute scale. The hands that were once full of thorium and the markings on the hands have also been upgraded, and are now filled with ‘gleaming antique luminous coating’ Super-LumiNova®. In contrast to the black dial, which maximizes its legibility.
The new Oris Divers Sixty-Five dive watch uses a 1965 prototype vintage look, but is manufactured using 21st century watchmaking.
The watch is water resistant to 10 bar / 100 m and the crown is screwed in stainless steel. Built-in Calibre 733 automatic movement by Oris, driving the hour, minute and second hands. Calendar display at 6 o’clock. Like the original 1965 model, the back of the steel case is engraved with the same historic Oris badge. The subtlety of the watch is complemented by a black fabric or rubber strap with a stainless steel buckle.
Oris Divers Sixty-Five
Reference number 733 7707 4064, diameter 40.00 mm
• The Cal. 733 automatic movement from Oris is based on the Sellita SW200 movement and has a calendar display at 6 o’clock.
• Combined stainless steel case and screw-in stainless steel crown. Water resistance is 10 bar / 100 m.
• Diver’s unidirectional rotating bezel with black aluminum inlay, 60-minute timer and zero mark filled with Super-LumiNova®.
• Foam curved sapphire crystals taper to both sides and have an anti-reflective coating on the inside.
• The dial is black and curved with printed Super-LumiNova® numerals and hands, and the nickel hour, minute and second hands are filled with Super-LumiNova® luminous coating.
• Black rubber strap with stainless steel buckle. A black fabric NATAO strap with stainless steel folding clasp is also available.
• Swiss retail price of 1750 Swiss francs.